Receive up to 100% reimbursement!
The costs for mobile room air purifiers are covered with the Überbrückungshilfe III Refunded up to 100%. You can find more information on the Überbrückungshilfe III FAQ under point 2.4.
- Regular price
- from €1.290,00
- Sale price
- from €1.290,00
- Regular price
- Unit price
Effective against coronavirusThe Nordair air purifier protects you from the coronavirus and other pathogens. With its HEPA 14 filter, it removes over 99.995% of all particles from the air and is therefore not only effective against viruses, but also against bacteria, pollen, spores and fine dust.
The coronavirus and many other pathogens are transmitted through the air 1. When speaking and breathing, humans generate many droplets that can be contaminated with pathogens. Larger drops can be stopped with masks or fall quickly to the ground. However, the smaller droplets, also called aerosols, can linger in the air for several hours 2. Air purifiers like the Nordair Pure can filter these aerosols out of the air. There are essentially two key figures involved 2:
Volume flow and effectiveness.
With the Nordair air purifier, we offer a very powerful device at an unbeatable price.
Diverse fields of application
Society for aerosol research ¹⁷
Air purifiers and filters must be installed wherever people have to stay in closed rooms for a longer period of time (dormitories, schools, old people's and nursing homes, care facilities, offices and other workplaces).
What really matters
Prof. Dr. Christian Kähler ²
This makes room air purifiers with a large volume flow and high quality Class H14 filters From our point of view, it is a very useful technical solution to greatly reduce the indirect risk of infection from aerosols in schools, offices, shops, waiting rooms, community and club houses, lounges and dining rooms, etc.
High volume flowThe volume flow rate indicates how many cubic meters of air can be purified per hour. To be adequately protected, even in a room with several people, requires an air exchange rate of 6 - 10 per hour 2 3 4. This means that the air purifier flow rate should be about six to ten times the room volume per hour. The Nordair air purifier performs a volume flow of up to 1,100 m³/h.
HEPA 14 filterThe Nordair Pure uses high quality HEPA 14 filters. Filters in this class have been used for many years in medical facilities such as hospitals 5 6. They remove from the air over 99.995% of particles with a size around 0.3 μm, the most difficult particle size to filter 7. For smaller particles, a different physical effect takes hold. Therefore, particles of coronavirus size around 0.1 μm, or larger aerosols contaminated with coronavirus, are separated virtually 100% 2 8 9. This makes the Nordair air purifier effective against other pathogens, such as flu viruses, as well as particulate matter and pollen.
Very low costsIn addition to the low purchase price, the Nordair Pure convinces with exceedingly low running costs. With only about 70 watts in continuous operation, the device is extremely energy efficient. Our filters are significantly more durable and cheaper than competing products. This way you can save on expensive maintenance contracts.
Low volumeThe school class examined by Prof. Curtius felt a volume of 48 dB (A) as not disturbing 4. This corresponds roughly to the background noise of a quiet apartment. The Nordair Pure can therefore quietly clean over 700 m³ / h. In order to achieve a sufficient air exchange rate even in large rooms, several air purifiers can be used.
No drafts, not even directly in front of itThe air flow from our air purifiers is laminar, which means that it exits the filter without turbulence. People especially feel eddies on their skin 2, which is why you can hardly feel the airflow. So you can work directly in front of the device without it pulling.
Very low maintenanceOur air purifiers are based on filter fan units. These devices are installed in the ceiling in the semiconductor industry and clean the air for highly sensitive applications. They were developed to run continuously for many years with little maintenance. Therefore you only have to change the main filter every 1-2 years. The pre-filter has to be cleaned every 6 months. That is about five minutes of work.
I have been using Filter Fan Units in my laboratories for many years. They clean the air of all particles, coarse dust and small viruses. This not only helps me in my research, but also in offering my employees the best possible protection against pathogens.
2) Kähler, C. J., Fuchs, T., & Hain, R. (2020). Können mobile Raumluftreiniger eine indirekte SARS-CoV-2 Infektionsgefahr durch Aerosole wirksam reduzieren. Hg. v. Universität der Bundeswehr München. Strömungsmechanik und Aerodynamik. Online abgerufen von: https://www.unibw.de/lrt7/raumluftreiniger.pdf (zuletzt abgerufen am 18.02.2021).
3) American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers. (2020). Ventilation of Health Care Facilities (ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE Standard 170-2017). Online abgerufen von: https://www.ashrae.org/file%20library/technical%20resources/standards%20and%20guidelines/standards%20errata/standards/170_2017_a_20200901.pdf
4) Curtius, J., Granzin, M., & Schrod, J. (2021). Testing mobile air purifiers in a school classroom: Reducing the airborne transmission risk for SARS-CoV-2. Aerosol Science and Technology, 1-18.
5) Deutsche Gesellschaft für Krankenhaushygiene (2015) Krankenhaushygienische Leitlinie für die Planung, Ausführung und den Betrieb von Raumlufttechnischen Anlagen in Räumen des Gesundheitswesens. Hyg Med 2015; 40 - 12
6) Deutsche Gesellschaft für Krankenhaushygiene (2002) Leitlinienentwurf: Ausführung und Betrieb von raumlufttechnischen Anlagen (RLT-Anlagen) in Krankenhäusern. Hyg Med 27. Jahrgang 2002 – Heft 3
7) Robertson, P. (2019, 20. August) Can HEPA Filters Capture Nanoparticles? Clean Air Blog. https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/can-hepa-filters-capture-nanoparticles/
8) Robertson, P. (2021, 01. Januar) Can HEPA Filters and Air Purifiers Capture the Coronavirus? Clean Air Blog. https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/can-air-purifiers-remove-filter-out-coronavirus/
9) Perry, J. L., Agui, J. H., & Vijayakimar, R. (2016). Submicron and nanoparticulate matter removal by HEPA-rated media filters and packed beds of granular materials.. Online abgerufen von: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/api/citations/20170005166/downloads/20170005166.pdf (zuletzt abgerufen am 18.02.2021)
10) Kowalski, W. J., & Bahnfleth, W. P. (1998). Airborne respiratory diseases and mechanical systems for control of microbes. HPAC Heating, Piping, Air Conditioning, 70(7).
11) Johnmin. (2020, 02. August). How do UV Light Air Purifiers Work and Can They Kill Viruses? Clean Air Blog. https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/uv-light-air-purifiers-effective-kill-disinfect-virus/
12) World Health Organization. (2016, 09. März). Radiation: Ultraviolet (UV) radiation. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/radiation-ultraviolet-(uv)
13) United States Environmental Protection Agency. (2018). Residential Air Cleaners - A Technical Summary (EPA 402-F-09-002).. Online abgerufen von: https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2018-07/documents/residential_air_cleaners_-_a_technical_summary_3rd_edition.pdf
14) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2019). Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities. Online abgerufen von: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/guidelines/environmental-guidelines-P.pdf
15) Medical Advisory Secretariat. (2005). Air cleaning technologies: an evidence-based analysis. Ontario health technology assessment series, 5(17), 1.
16) Exner, M., Walger, P., Gebel, J., Schmithausen, R., Kramer, A., & Engelhart, S. (2020). Zum Einsatz von dezentralen mobilen Luftreinigungsgeräten im Rahmen der Prävention von COVID-19. Stellungnahme der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Krankenhaushygiene (DKKH). Bonn.
17) Gesellschaft für Aerosolforschung (2021, 11. April). Ansteckungsgefahren aus Aerosolwissenschaftlicher Perspektive. Offener Brief an die Bundesregierug. Online abgerufen von: http://docs.dpaq.de/17532-offener_brief_aerosolwissenschaftler.pdf (zuletzt abgerufen am 20.04.2021).